My Trip to London Blog 2017 Part 2

Continue from my part 1 post, I decide to take the tube as a public transport from Heathrow to my primary school mate's aunt house.

my trip to london blog


The tube is surprisingly empty which I think Heathrow Terminal 4 is the first station of Piccadilly Line or most the traveler prefer other transportation to downtown. I conquer the corner seat so that I can put my luggage just beside me. Luckily passing some of the stations, the crowd still not many inside the tube.

London Tube




london free and easy itinerary blog



Heathrow Airport actually located at Zone 6 and tube will pass the London suburbs and I sat comfortably reaching to town centre under Zone 1 and 2.There's no direct tube to my living place (nearest station is Kilburn Park)and I need change my tube at Earl's Court Station for District Line to Paddington Station. Again, another change with brown colour Bakerloo Line at within Paddington. Note that, all these two changes are step free which means no extra charge to my original fare (Six Pounds). After getting off from Kilburn Park station, surprisingly my travel energy still full tank, glad that it was no issue on this so-called "complicated" journey.

my trip to london blog


my trip to london blog



my trip to london blog


 Route explain:
In order to go Kilburn, I need to alight at Earl's Court Station for District Line. Then change another tube for Baker Line at Paddington Station.

my trip to london blog



 
london free and easy itinerary blog
Paddington Station
Warwick Avenue Station
Warwick Avenue Station

Finally, I reach Kilburn area and there was short shower before I came. My primary school mate waited for me with just minutes walk from the station.I had a breakfast with my schoolmate at Italian cafe located at Kilburn High Road. We are the first customer and I choose to sit outside to get fresh air from London. This was a typical Italian breakfast plus Cappucino reward me with incredible breakfast. Indeed, this is a new experience as I first time having a meal, not a tourist spot but London's resident's area. We have excellent meet-up during our breakfast.

my trip to london blog


my trip to london blog


 
Kilburn High Road
Kilburn High Road


london breakfast food
london breakfast food


London Travel Blog

After full breakfast, we have a great walk to my living house. The Kilburn is mixed of ethnic cultures with different shops, bars and cafes along Kilburn High Road. Though Kilburn is not the salubrious area it is not crowded and still my first choice staying for my next trip. After having short chat with my friend's aunt, then I start my fourth London journey at 11 am. 

London Travel Blog


London Travel Blog



Kilburn London

Initially, I want to take a bus to Camden town but cannot find any direct bus from here. I just continuous walk along the street to Kilburn Station. It is grey Jubilee Line. I had to change my mind to my favourite place - Westminster. As you can see below photo, there will have direct underground to Westminster. 



my trip to london blog


Immediately exit from Westminster station, I was rewarded by an eye-catcher of Parliament Square with Big Ben. Did not follow the bunch of people turn left to Westminster Bridge but instead went another direction to Westminster Abbey area.

my trip to london blog


 There was an incredible visit to Westminster area and stay tuned on my next blog.

Comments